We are finally in Hawaii! Can you believe that even the airport is beautiful?
First full day in Hawaii and there is a major Tsunami warning. CRAZY! Here we are in lockdown in the hotel waiting for the tsunami. That's the news on the tv and we're playing cards to pass the time. Luckily for us, there really wasn't anything to worry about, they said in some areas the tide was about 3" higher, but no damage, just a lot of places closed for the day.
As soon as the tsunami warning went out, boat owners took their boats 2 miles off the shore to wait out the waves, when they finally let us out of the hotel we went down to the nearly empty beach and took some photos while the boats were coming in to dock.
The hotel gardens were beautiful!
Eating beachside was a thrill. This is at Duke's for the breakfast buffet.
Strolling on Waikiki beach
Aloha from the Polynesian Cultural Center

Dum Dum want gum, gum!
We are so lucky to have great friends,Brian and Chantell made our trip to Hawaii even more enjoyable!

Dinner was HOT!


The best money spent on a tour! Ali'i Tour at Tropical Farms (Mac Nut Farm) was awesome. Chief Sielu and the other warriors were hilarious and showed us some really cool plants and places on the windward side, including places where Jurassic Park, Lost, Tears of the Sun, Fantasy Island, Gilligan's Island and 50 First Dates were filmed. Beautiful scenery and absolutely the best time!

Chief Sielu

Chan and I in our banana leaf and bouganvilla wreaths. Made fresh for us by the warriors.

Our canoe ride out in the Moli'i pond - so much fun, I could not stop laughing.
The good looking guys we got to spend our Hawaiian vacation with.

Turtle Bay on the North Shore. Beautiful!
We even saw turtle swimming near the shore.
I love the flowers in Hawaii, I really wish I could have gotten a good photo of a plumeria, those are my favorite, but they were all a little to high in the trees for me to get. This hibiscus is just gorgeous.
I cannot wait to go back.
No comments:
Post a Comment